Saturday, November 15, 2014

Christmas Cheer a thing of the past!

I am an extremely cheerful person at Christmas time, I love the holidays! everything from pulling out the Christmas decornations the end of November, to spending a full day, sipping on wine, decorationg my house and then a full afternoon, fluffing my tree (if I don't have a real one) adding the lights, ribbons, bows, then the ornaments. I never put the tree top on until tipsy eve (December 23rd) and that job is for my daughter. my family usually hosts a family get together and just before guest arrive, we have a few relaxing moments and place the tree topper.

I find myself being less cheerful around the holidays in the last couple years, my mood is easily altered by the people I am surrounded by. I have noticed since I have left the safety of the town I grew up, my little piece of heaven on earth, people in the city are so rushed and busy. Barely anyone has the time to be polite and no one has time to say "Merry Christmas", I don't know what "merry xmas" is.

It boils my blood right down to the core, that people have left Christ out of "Christmas". I'm not trying to give a religion rant, because everyone is titled to their own opinion, this is just mine! I'm not an avid church goer, yes I attend a service on holidays, and maybe I have wander away from the ways I grew up, being from a very small town, I went to church every sunday, was a server in the church and the Anglican Church youth group was a big part of my simple life.

I guess to some, I lived a secluded simple life, but I don't see it that way, I see my life growing up as full of life, love, faith and family. I learned from a very early age, that you get what you deserve and you treat people how you would like to be treated. I learned that holidays such as Christmas and easter were to bring families together and spread the good feelings of love, belongingness, support and most of all Joy.

Today, people are too busy to spend quality time with each other, to be happy with the simple things like friends and family. too busy competing with each other about who makes the most money, who's kids are better at sports, who's dog is cuter, and too busy buying things instead of making time for the things that matter the most.

Shopping for Christmas gifts is a joy for me, I like to walk around, browsing at the Christmas displays , buying presents that are meaningful, not worrying if something cost $5 or $50. My family and friends don't judge me buy how much their present cost, but how well it fits their personality and it shows how much I know them and how much they mean to me.  Christmas brings me great joy and it makes me so sad to see people wasting the holidays being cynical and Scrouges. Haven't they heard that if you pass a smile to someone you pass by, that person ends up passing it to someone else with out even noticing, I feel the same way about saying Merry Christmas. Who ever the dumb jerk that shortened Christmas to Xmas, needs a good dose of good faith to haul the Scrouges stick outta their A**.

It only take one person to start the epidemic to bring the Cheer of Christmas back to the world, that's what I want to do. I want to be the magical elf to do that, I want to pass along the good cheer and joyfulness I have in my life and myself onto those self proclaimed Scrouge's out there... take the time to adjust your cynicism and try to say Merry Christmas to a random person everyday through the holidays, try to pass along the joyful feeling of reconizing our beautiful holiday and let go of the anger of having to spend so much money on technology, Ipads, laptops, cellphone, computers ... Relax a little and enjoy the little things that so many people are taking for granted. Embrace your family, friends, and most of all you time. Time is the best gift you can give to anyone

 
The True Meaning Of Christmas
by Brian K. Walters

In todays' day and time,
it's easy to lose sight,
of the true meaning of Christmas
and one special night.

When we go shopping,
We say "How much will it cost?"
Then the true meaning of Christmas,
Somehow becomes lost.

Amidst the tinsel, glitter
And ribbons of gold,
We forget about the child,
born on a night so cold.

The children look for Santa
In his big, red sleigh
Never thinking of the child
Whose bed was made of hay.

In reality,
When we look into the night sky,
We don't see a sleigh
But a star, burning bright and high.

A faithful reminder,
Of that night so long ago,
And of the child we call Jesus,
Whose love, the world would know.
 
I still have the Christmas Cheer ..... Do you???

No comments:

Post a Comment