Thursday, October 30, 2014

The Easy way Or the Road less Travelled

Just like everyone else, I have had many trials and tribulations in the years of my short life. When I became 21 years old, I was blessed with the most precious gift of all, and she changed my whole life, but most importantly my outlook on Life. I knew when Sara was placed in my arms, everything had to and was about to change.

I use to always take the easy way to everything, just like most teenagers and young adults, but being just out of college with a certificate in Automotive Service Technician, and a new baby, makes for some pretty tuff choices. I made a choice to take the opportunity to go back to work and get some experience in my field when Sara was only 6 months old. That was Hard! To get up and leave your baby every morning when it feels like your missing out on all the cute new things that the baby is doing, like rolling over, first steps, first word, that's really hard on a new parent, mother especially.

I trekked on in my journey of gaining experience in my field, after a year and a lot of great friends and family helping me along the way, I had gained enough working experience to complete my first 2 blocks. Now just so you know Block Training is for Trades Workers, who are constantly building and learning new skills.

I was so excited to have the opportunity to go back to school and complete my block training, I planed an early vacation, so I could spend lots of time with Sara. Then a week before my training started, it hit me Square in the Face, I have to leave Sara, I will be gone for 16 weeks... I was toast, I had not desire to go anywhere, I just wanted to take the easy way out and say "No I'm not going anywhere, ill work anywhere, I just can't leave her".

That's when the adult kicked in and the mother, provider, and caretaker gene kicked in and I chose the Road less travelled and chose to do what was right; I chose to complete my block training and suffer through those 16 weeks so I could get back to my family and my Daughter.

It was because of Sara that I chose many unknown things in life after that, things became easier and I felt a lot better about the choices and decisions I made for myself to make a better life for my family.

I chose the road less travelled and I found myself at another crossroads only a year ago, where I took the unfamiliar road again and now I am a better person, with better friends and a very supportive family because of it.





Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
                            And that has made all the difference.                          
-Robert Frost-

2 comments:

  1. As with anything that is worthwhile, it takes pain, suffering, strength and the will power to push through.

    Everyone has things that they need to do so that they can improve their lives. Having children only amplifies these things. Giving you a sense of importance and urgency. When you are able to focus on your goal and accomplish them for your kids, all the pain, suffering and struggles are worth it. Because you know that in the end, you are a better person for them.

    There are many different roads in life that will take you in many different direction. Some are dark, some are scary, some are untraveled, some you may be pushed into and some may even pull you. YOU have to be the one to have the courage and the strength to take the road YOU want so that YOU can get your goals for YOUR FAMILY!

    I am thankful that you chose the road that has allowed me to know you and be your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, heartfelt post Luanne- Excellent work. Looking forward to future posts~

    ReplyDelete